Zappos website states explicitly there values – a message for their internal employees and externally to the environment in which they operate. They include
- Deliver WOW Through Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
- Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
- Do More With Less
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Be Humble
These are strong, powerful values. If you examined them you will probably determine your own “favourites”. From a leadership perspective, I like “Embrace and Drive Change”. We live in a world that is constantly shaped by change. Change creates its own challenges and managing change it becomes a high priority for many organizations. Will the rate of change slow down?
“Pursue Growth and Learning”. How will organizations differentiate themselves from their competitors unless they create new products and services which can only be achieved through a continuous program of development from within. A Results Orientated Work Environment (ROWE), follows this principle.
“Be Humble”. This is should permeate throughout the organization at all levels of management and is a personal value that comes from within.